Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Blog!


Ok, I know celebrating a half-birthday is a tad ridiculous - but I love them! You may remember me chatting about how I celebrated my half birthday last year here =) I really use any excuse to celebrate... well, life! Yesterday, I was incredibly inspired my my dear friend Rhi, over at Hey Gorgeous. She wrote a truly honest post and her words and vulnerability got my wheels turning about my own blog. Who am I? Does my blog truly reflect me? And so on.. So what better way to celebrate my blog's half birthday than to see where I've come and hone in on where I want to be, right?!

How old is this ol' bloggeroo anyways? Well, today she is 2 1/2 years old!! (I say she because, well lets face it - this is a total girly blog) And boy what a journey it has been! This blog has evolved incredibly in the last couple years. It started out as an assignment for a Journalism class I took in college. I studied Journalism w/ an emphasis in public relations/marketing. At the time, I thought this was the coolest assignment ever, haha. I loved it so much I continued w/ it even after the class... posting about new fire red vintage boots I got, or my first attempt at making red velvet cupcakes, and my spontaneous trips to NYC  =)

Then, I got more involved w/ events at my school and was planning weddings for people in the orange county area. So I started a blog called Something Blue so I could sort of categorize all my wedding inspiration for clients. After I finished school and moved out to Santa Clarita, I merged the two and decided to pursue my new adventure Tasteful Tatters. I blogged about general inspirations I got, my tatters, as well as other DIY projects I was attempting while in this funky transition in life (new place, no job, no friends)

Now, on my 2 1/2 birthday I want to make sure that I am staying true to who I am & what I want this blog to be about. It's easy to compare yourself to all the other creatives out there "doing so much" and "accomplishing this and that" - but what I want is this place to be a source of beauty, inspiration, a reflection of my business Tasteful Tatters and our vintage rentals, and just a place of positivity and love to all who visit. I'm going to post real projects I do, real weddings that my rentals are featured in, real stories of my life, and real brides/vendors who I get the opportunity to work with. Because I believe in living in the now, being present in the moment and loving every minute of it. Or else it passes you by because you were waiting for something else. I believe in this, but I also struggle with it on a daily basis. But that's just the real me =)

So stay tuned all day for some fun little surprises to celebrate our 2 1/2 birthday - I hope it brings you joy!

1 comments:

Joe+Kathrina said...

So I didn't think you were crazy at all for celebrating your blog's half birthday--because we do the same thing. Until I realized we missed our blog's 2nd birthday just yesterday!! How terrible we feel.
Keep doing what you're doing. Your blog is so completely EMILEE and can't wait to see it grow older every day with you :)

Post a Comment