Sunday, August 22, 2010

Road Trip: Half Birthdays Make Me Happy




So I don't know about you, but I celebrate my half-birthdays. Call me crazy, but it's fun. I don't mean the whole send out invites, have a cake with candle, and people bring you presents. I mean, just on that day set aside time to do something you "never have time to do," or take the day for yourself and just relax, or plan a fun outing with friends. Nothing big, just do something fun. If you don't do this, I think you should try it, at least once. And I'll be willing to bet - not only will you have a great day... but you're year might be just a little bit happier =)

So yesterday was my half-birthday (Saturday) and I especially LOVE my half birthday because it's in August, and if you're quick you've already guessed that my real birthday is in February. Which is cold and always rains on my the 21st. So August is so fun for me because it is warm, sunny, and summer! So this year my dear friend Kimi came out and we celebrated by making an apron (something I have wanted for awhile now if you know me haha) I really really wanted this apron from Anthropologie as as with many things from there I decided to just make it myself. Now, I have never sewn anything like this before so MUCH of the credit goes to Kimi (who by the way is opening up an Etsy shop soon, so you'll have to watch out for that soon) I basically drank wine, ate chocolate, and handed her a pin when she asked for it haha.  Anyways, here is my documentation of our experiment
Our sketch haha

The finished product!!

4 comments:

{Sweet and Salty} said...

Emilee, this is adorable! Haha I love that you saw an Anthro apron and decided to make one yourself..or have Kimi make you one ;). They have such beautiful clothes. It's hard to not want it all! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Happy belated half birthday :).

Jessi

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thanks Jessi! I'm thinking about helping her open her own etsy store and sell aprons, what do you think?? I think it could be a huge hit!

{Sweet and Salty} said...

That would be perfect! Etsy is lovely and if Kimi can make more like the one she made you....I know I would want one! Let me know when you do and I'll pass along the word! :)

Emilee Sutherland said...

Will do =)

Post a Comment