Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In honor of all things fabulous


"the boots"

The word fabulous has taken on an entirely whole new meaning since I started working as the event assistant in Advancement at Biola University. I absolutely love working there. I also love Deannah. I swear she is the reason I end up staying late =) Deannah has completely turned the word fabulous into a philosophy... a lifestyle if you will. She has re-opened my eyes as to what the term "fabulous" truly means. So, I have taken this philosophy with great seriousness to ponder what is it that I find fabulous. So many things came to mind it isn't even funny. I will most likely be blogging about all of these at one point or another for your enjoyment, and for your opinions on fabulousness. One thing in particular that I find so fabulous I can hardly contain myself, are old vintage red leather boots. At first this fabulous item was only a fantasy of mine. I would hunt for them at thrift stores, search online on ebay, even look on garage sales. I did this for about a year, and soon the fantasy faded and I just figured that this was just one of those things that I created in my head that doesn't actually exists, and everything that is out there just doesn't match up. Girls, you know. When you have this dress in your head for something important. Then, you go out to look for it, only to find that it's not really out there... just up there... in your head. Ok, so about a week ago I was unassumingly shopping with my amazing friend Caitlin Holliday in Huntington Beach and I stumbled across this vintage store, American Vintage and there they were. The fabulous red vintage leather boots of my dreams. And the best part was, they fit perfectly! Moral of the story: don't give up you lovers of fabulous obscure things truly unique & fabulous! You will find what you're looking for, or find something even more fabulous. I have learned that there is so so much out there, you just need to go out and find it. So, needless to say, I am beyond happy and have been spending the last few days finding new ways to wear my clothes with my new red boots. I would just like to add here, that it is only the 3rd day of the Spring semester for me, hence why I have time to play around with clothes and boots. (That was for my mom). Anyways, hope you are all doing well and enjoying the end of January!

p.s. "fabulous" word count = 12

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart you...and you're fabulous. I should count how many times I use the word fabulous, too. Thanks for your shout out, and it's just such a joy to postpone you from actually doing anything productive:O)
Congrats on your fabulous red boots!! I can't wait to meet them.

Post a Comment