Monday, March 30, 2009

Dream Like New York

Pretty subway floor

A couple of weeks ago I went to New York City. I was online one day with a friend and we found round trip tickets for about $200 and I thought that with the economy the way it is and airlines & hotels slashing prices I should take advantage and head to New York haha. I know, not the most logical thinking but I'm spontaneous and I've always wanted to go to New York =). I went for about 5 days with a few friends who I am also going to Nigeria with this summer and we had to most amazing time in the city. We stayed in Queens and went to Manhattan, Brooklyn, and everywhere in between. We ate hot dogs & gyros from street corner stands, shopped at every used bookstore possible, ate authentic Chinese food, got invited to an art gallery opening, saw the MET, drank coffee in central park, played with dinosaur bones at the Natural History Museum, discovered the BEST photography store EVER, and got lost in just about every possible way to do all of the above haha. We also rode the subway EVERYWHERE. I had so much fun doing this. I read, talked, took pictures, ate, read some more, and just people watched. I could have just rode the subway and ate and been a happy camper. Oh, I almost forgot! It snowed the second morning we were there... that was amazing! I loved the hustle and bustle of it all, people walking around on a mission in their couture boots. If it wasn't so stinkin' cold there, I could definitely see myself living there... we'll see, you never know where I'll end up! Here are a few pics of me and my friends on our trip, enjoy!
Daniel at the Subway

House Works Bookstore


Lomography Store

Me & Ariel

Chillin' in Brooklyn

3 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

So lucky, I was there for 10 days during Thanksgiving, I want to go back so bad!!!

Chase said...

this is awesome! I've never gone to new york. I can't blame you for being spontaneous. What a fun week.

katie newman said...

"dream like new york" tyrone wells... too bad that you didn't wear the pink tyrone "dream like new york" while you were there! haha, just kidding em. but im so glad you had a chance to go! that you followed your spontaneity instincts and bought the tickets with daniel and ariel! i love you em!

Post a Comment