Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DIY Muslin + Gold Napkins

Such a fun post today! I feel like this has been such a fun week on the blog, first my fashion post, then the launch of my new shop (eek!) and now this fun DIY - Just keeps getting better =)

 I made these adorable napkins with my good friend Crystal of Recycled Love Story. In design school she had an assignment where she had to sew muslin squares together. So one Saturday afternoon, or should I say "crafternoon" she pulled out her pile of muslin squares and we knew we had to make something cute out of them. So we cut shaped out of rubber squares that you can get at any art supply store. I made a heart (since I can't draw for crap) and Crystal made an anchor. Once our image was traced and cut out of the rubber, we inked them with fabric paint and stamped away!

I can't wait to have a little outdoor bbq this weekend and bust out these cuties, who's with me?!

3 comments:

Katie said...

So adorable....considering this for my sis' wedding shower...maybe with their initials, or something beachy, like some sand dollars & star fish! (it's a beach themed shower, would be PERFECT!!)

Emilee Sutherland said...

That's an awesome idea Katie!! I'd love to see photos when you make them! You can link it up on here =)

Lisha @ 1house1couple said...

those are so cute :)

~Lisha

Post a Comment