Friday, August 17, 2012

Polka Dot Minis!

I recently was at a scrapbooking store researching products for a packaging client, and stumbled across the cutest kraft w/ polka dot mini envelopes. I think the packet was 6 envelopes for $3.99. Well, of course I bought it (they were mini!) but when I got home, I started thinking how expensive those little guys were... yes, they were cute - but $4.00! They probably didn't even equal 1 sheet of paper.  So, I set out to make my own =)


{SUPPLIES}
Kraft paper (or any really)
White acrylic paint
Small paint brush
Scissors
Double sided tape or hot glue
This LINK

Below is an image of the envelopes I bought (on the left) vs. the one I made - looks pretty close, right?!
All you do is find an envelope size you like from HERE, print it out, and trace it onto your desired paper. Once it's cut out, you can use the bottom tip of your paint brush to create perfect little white polka dots! Fold up and seal with your double side tape or glue! Now you can go mail a little treasure to a friend or make a bunch and use them for a dinner party for place settings, or even wedding favors! I'd love to hear your ideas on what you would do with them =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment