Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Go French!

I've seen this hairstyle on Pinterest for a couple months now, on these super fab models with stunning hair thinking, "wow that's pretty!" but not really thinking that I could pull it off in the same way. Well, when I saw my friend and makeup artist Amy Clarke post her French braid bun on instagram I thought, "well, now I have to at least try it!" So I did, and it was awesome, and now I do it all the time =) I wore it like this when I went vintage shopping with my friend Kathy of The Vintage Table Co. and she snapped a pic of it for me to share with you all!

 Basically, all you do is throw your head upside down and start french braiding your hair from your  neck down. Till about the back top of your head and then grab your hair and throw it in a bun. Simple as that! If you don't know how to french braid, I found an awesome video tutorial for you HERE

And here is the front of the bun... and me meeting in real life my long time twitter crush/friend Hilary Rushford who was there all the way from New York!


3 comments:

Hilary Rushford | Dean Street Society said...

I was so distracted by my excitement at meeting you I didn't even NOTICE how adorable your hair was! Muah!

Michelle Rene said...

Basically... I HAD to copy you! :) http://instagr.am/p/Ku9iBsoe5V/

Emilee Sutherland said...

I LOVE it!! Should we be twinsies on Sunday??

Post a Comment