Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summatime Lace Shorts

I have seen these cutoff shorts with a lace trim all over Pinterest the last few months. I have some shorts that I thought would be perfect and just never got around to trying it out. Probably because I was afraid of the project not turning out and my favorite shorts would be ruined. But I'm happy to report that they turned out awesome, and you should definitely try these at home! Also, these beautiful photos were taken by the fabulous Lizzie of S'Wonderful Photography. She has been so awesome to help me with my latest DIY's you should definitely check out her blog - she is a rockstar!

{SUPPLIES}
cutoff shorts
lace scraps
sewing machine
chalk
pins


First I measured out a triangle centered on the side seam of my jeans that was 3 inches on each side. I made chalk lines so I could see where to cut. Then, I repeated on the other side. Next I cut out the jean triangle on both sides and pinned a larger rectangle piece underneath the open triangle. Then just sewed the lace in place and I was good to go!

denim on denim is not really my thing, I was wearing a skirt before I threw these on for the photo!
 Is this something that inspired you? Will you try this fun project with your shorts? If you do, leave a comment and let us know!

3 comments:

lizzie said...

l o v e these!! can't wait to try it myself :)

Jackie Thomson said...

I have been wanting to do this for such a long time! Hmm... I'm think project time before i leave?! =)

aprilinh said...

love this idea! i cant wait to see it in person next week!

Post a Comment