Monday, May 14, 2012

Anthro Inspired Necklace DIY

So I saw some fun necklaces at Anthro a while back, that I loved but didn't really see myself wearing. Then, over the past couple months I've seen more and mare gals rocking the accessory with so much ease, I began to think, "I could wear that!" But instead of buying one I stumbled across some awesome wooden beads at Jo-Anns for a great deal and decided to make my own! Huge thank you to Lizzie Metcalf of S'wonderful Photography for taking such awesome photos for me!

 {SUPPLIES}
Wooden beads $4 at Jo-Anns
Paint (if you want!)
String

So basically, you can paint the balls any color if you'd like - I did 2 in white acrylic and left the others the natural wood color, but I make make another one that is all coral or something! Then tie knots in your string to hold the beads in place and then you are done!

 I also, turned an old heart shaped button button to one end of the string and then tied a small hole on the other end so that it can clasp together, but if you like it long, you can probably just tie them together and be done! What do you think? If you try this at home, I'd love to see photos or a link to your post!

2 comments:

Joe+Kathrina said...

I'm totally making one of these!!!

Emilee Sutherland said...

You totally should! And post a picture for me to see =)

Post a Comment