If you've been reading my blog or follow me on Twitter, you've heard me talk about Creative Connection LA... a lot. I'm sorry! I can't get enough of it! I may be biased but I honestly think we have the most welcoming, friendly, and talented group around =) That includes all of our Creative Connection Chapters. So for our September meetup, we brought in Donna Queza to share with us some quick tips on how to optimize our use of social media. She did such a great job of explaining the different mediums and how they each serve unique purposes. I learned so much from this session, and I thought I'd pass on some of the knowledge that I was frantically scribbling in my notebook:
|Donna: bringing the eduction!|
- Who am I?
- What do I do?
- Why does it matter?
- What are you hoping to gain?
2) Create a Twitter Profile description that actually describes who you are AND what you do. If it is too vague, how will people know you are a graphic designer (or whatever)
3) Keep your twitter friends, your twitter friends and make them feel special for that. Don't continually ask your twitter followers to go see something on your facebook page. And I think the same philosophy would work vice versa.
4) "The most powerful part of social media is sharing!"
5) If you want people to talk about you, talk about them i.e - thank you top followers and thank your clients
|Notebooks made by The Pomegranate Basket|
|Photos by Simply V Photography|