Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reflections

Last weekend I was in downtown LA at Urth Cafe... no, not the beverly hills one - the one that I had no idea even existed down the street from the American Apparel warehouse/factory. I was meeting a couple and while I waited for them, I glanced across the street of an empty lot next to an abandoned brick building. And there in the middle was this guy skateboarding. Skateboarding his heart out. He was just going to town, doing turns, making little jumps (I'm sure all you avid skateboarding fans are chuckling at my lack of correct verbage) but just watching him having so much fun being so carefree - not caring if anyone saw him or not. While watching him I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I did something like that. Out by myself, doing something I love, being active, in the sun. Just being in the moment and enjoying life. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, I love my husband and my friends. Sometimes, however, I find myself focusing on "what's next" or new plans I have for the business, etc. I don't want to forget the NOW. I'll never be a newlywed again, and I'll never be 24 again. So thank you random hipster dude on a board. I am now going to focus and LOVE the now. I snapped some photos w/ my zoom lens - maybe this guy will inspire something in you today =)
"Sometimes you just need to dance with one hand waving free."
-Elizabethtown

2 comments:

Elise Ostermann said...

Now THIS I like!! =)

Lukas VanDyke said...

Ya know some days you just need to get away and do that! Thanks for the post!

Post a Comment