Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Primary Petals Floral Workshop

Some girls love DIY when planning their wedding, and some would rather just let the pros handle everything. Being in the industry myself, I usually recommend to brides to have a healthy mix of both. Let the professionals handle the majors, and do some projects that really tie in your personalities that make your wedding you. Not, really sure what I was thinking when planning my own - given the above statement. Somehow I thought I was superwomen and could just do it ALL myself. I was very mistaken to say the least. The only way I managed to do it all was by the crazy loving support of family and friends. One of those friends happens to be Samantha Santana of Primary Petals. I went to her originally for some advice on what flowers were in season during my wedding month since I was clueless about flowers. I explained how I was making a ton of flowers out of book pages and what I was looking for flowers to supplement that, and how I was going to do that all myself. Bless this lady's soul when she came to me with an amazing idea! Samantha is gearing up to do some floral workshops and she came up with the idea of doing a sort of workshop at my house w/ all my girls to do our florals. We still had a total DIY look, because they were all basically done by us, but we had a professional instructor showing us the ropes. I had such a fun time and seriously learned a lot. Samantha, you saved us! I cannot thank you enough for the awesome experience!!!  With all that said, my Grandpa took some photos of the whole "workshop" in action that I thought I would share a couple =)
 
And since I've gotten SO many requests to see some of the professional photos of our bouquets I thought I'd let you get a little peak - don't they look amazing!! Probably one of my favorite details of the day =) HUGE thanks to my amazing photog Margaret Jacobsen who captured our day brilliantly. 

So if you are getting married and having all full on DIY wedding - I highly recommend hiring the pros for the major things - especially photography and flowers. And stay tuned for hopefully future floral workshops hosted by Primary Petals - you wont be disappointed.

8 comments:

Shannon LaBare said...

this was such a highlight of the wedding weekend. i also now know how to pronounce "peonies."

Stephanie said...

The flowers are beautiful!!

Samantha said...

It was so much fun Emily! Thanks for letting me make your bouquet. Your bridesmaids did a great job.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Your bouquet is GORGEOUS, Em! I love love love it :)

Verenice said...

Gorgeous! I would love to attend a Primary Petals workshop! Looks like so much fun!

Samantha said...

Emilee, I need to feature your wedding on my website. I would love for people to see that I can teach floral design successfully!

jessica // union shore said...

such beautiful bouquets!

Susannah VanDyke said...

Awesome idea, and awesome job!

Post a Comment