Monday, July 18, 2011

Hostess With The Mostess!

Happy Monday friends! This weekend, I was actually using my handy dandy little blog planner =) And I decided to bring some more continuity to the blog by adding another column!! I love to entertain and now that I am a wifey w/ my own little place so I thought it would be fun to show my inspirations for hosting parties as well as sharing some of the home projects I've done that have to do w/ entertaining =) What do ya think?!

First up, I found this awesome idea for transforming the idea of serving water. Mr. H is a personal trainer and aspiring Fire Fighter - healthy living comes w/ the package. So we have water at almost every meal. But let's face it - the Brita pitcher doesn't always fit for entertaining. So when I saw this inspiration over at Cupcakes & Cashmere I had to try it out! Emily had the awesome idea of infusing water w/ fruits and such and displaying them in fun glass bottles and adding little tags w/ images of what is in the water.

So I immediately went over to our local Home Goods - best store ever!! And scored some bottles for only $3.99! I had some limes in the fridge so I cut them up and put them in the water. Chilled them for about 2 hours and the water was perfection! I can't wait to use them for a dinner party =)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I pinned this on Pinterest the other day and totally want to try this. Again-- great minds... !!!

Emilee Sutherland said...

We seriously are the same person! haha - ok, I made a ton and they are sooo addicting! I want to throw a party soley so I can bust these out =)

jessica // union shore said...

i love this idea!! and the little tags are the cutest!! totally doing this! :)

Post a Comment