Sunday, June 26, 2011

DIY Wedding Totes & Freebie!!! By Shannon LaBare

Ok, so this is the FIRST Wedding Week Blog Series post and I thought it would be fun to combine quite possibly 2 of my fav things: DIY projects & free stuff. So thanks for stopping by and continue on to read my dear friend Shannon's post.
-------------------------------
 
Hey Everyone! I'm so excited to share with you this incredibly easy and super cute DIY tote. Emilee came to me a few months ago with an idea to make her bridesmaids an "emergency kit" for the day of the wedding. It'd be filled with little travel size items that they might need the day of the wedding. Things like lotion, bobby pins, Advil, Chapstick... things that you THOUGHT you brought with you but FORGOT. Happens to me on a daily basis.

Anyway, we were trying to come up with a cute saying for them. We wanted it to be applicable to the wedding, but also something that the bridesmaids could use after the wedding. We finally decided on the incredibly perfect "Love is all you need" lyric from The Beatles. Instead of a stencil to apply the text to the bag, we chose the always friendly iron-on transfer. If you'd like to make your own Love Is All You Need tote you can download it for FREE right HERE!!
Step 1: Purchase your totes! We found ours cheaptotes.com - seriously so cheap and great quality!!

Step 2: Buy iron on transfer paper - the best is from Target. 
Step 3: Print your design onto the transfer paper - key facts - NEEDS to be from an inkjet printer and your design needs to be inverted if you have text. 
 

Step 4: Trim down your paper - we also rounded our corners but you totally don't have to
Step 5: Follow the step by step instructions from the iron on transfer paper you purchase.
Note: you will also  need a pillow case, super hard non-porous surface, and a good iron.


We also added some tatters to the bags to make them more "Emilee" =) The finished product!
I was one of these bridesmaids to receive this fantastic emergency kit, and it definitely came in handy. It was such a thoughtful gift for Em to put together for us and I know that I'll use it all the time.

Em - Thank you for letting me be a part of you and Andy's day. I can't tell you how incredibly honored I was when you asked me to be a bridesmaid and I love how close we got in the process of planning it. Your wedding was simply beautiful - the best representation of your relationship. I couldn't help but think as you two were leaving through that tunnel of illuminating sparklers that your wedding day was as picture perfect as it could have been and an incredible start to your marriage. I love you both so dearly and can't wait to hear how your honeymoon was. xoxox, Shannon

1 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful;practical and just plain fun! <3

Post a Comment