Friday, February 6, 2009

Holga! (No, Not An Old Russian Woman)





These are the first of my Holga photography experience. I just love photography and with a Holga camera there are so many uncertainties. I think that is what I love most about it. There is no formula to the precise shutter speed and aperture. You can't guarantee you'll get the color right or that you'll remember to go to the next frame before you snap another shot. The unique thing about Holga cameras, is that they are plastic and completely inconsistent. Now, to some of you, that may seem like a photographers nightmare. I on the other hand, love the inconsistencies. One thing in particular that is peculiar to these tiny little plastic toys is that there tend to be cracks and areas where light can come in creating pink & blue streaks. So all that to say, I am a little disappointed with my first run. I don't know what I was expecting, but this is far from the fabulousness I had envisioned. But, it is all a learning a experience so now I know for next time.

The second one is of my wonderful boyfriend, Andy. He was helping me load the film and get everything started. He is absolutely wonderful and I couldn't have asked for someone better. I'm sure he'll kill me for putting that pic up, so I'm trying to compensate =) The second was taken at a pumpkin patch with a fisheye lens. I really like this one and I hope I will master the fisheye one of these days. The last and first are a view from my balcony at my apartamento! I just loved the fall colored leaves. The first pic is my first attempt at a "double exposure." It's interesting... but definitely no wow factor or anything. But I just love my plastic camera and hope to show it proud on my next Holga run!

1 comments:

Margaret said...

I love the Holga camera! You did such a good job:)

Post a Comment