Friday, December 16, 2011

DIY Makeup Holder

Hello bloggerboos! Sorry I've been a tad silent over here. I've been busy prepping for the holidays. This is a fun little DIY that came about from one of my wedding projects. You may remember me tweeting about the dessert tiers I was making from vintage plates for my big day. Here is a little snap shot of one of the tiers I made for the wedding.

It's so super simple. Just round up some fun mismatched plates, tea saucers, candle sticks at a local thrift store. I was able to find each piece for $.99 or less! Then, I glued them together using a super glue specific for ceramics. And voila! An awesome dessert tray.

Now, fast forward 6 months into marriage and my makeup is taking over our little tiny bathroom =) So I re-made a similar tier (using a glue gun this time) with some smaller plates to hold my brushes and what not. What do ya think?! Isn't the little squirrel adorable? He's from Anthro and his cute little tail holds my rings =)

1 comments:

Rachel - De Ma Cuisine said...

I love this!! Great idea!

Post a Comment