Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughtful Reminder

The last couple weeks I've been busy with packaging clients and learning new details and things to know in this new phase in my business. I've also been winding down my first full time wedding season, which is a little bittersweet for me. I had so much fun and worked so hard this wedding season and I feel like it was incredibly successful. I'm so sad to see it slow down a bit. The good news is, I have some fall and winter events booked already, as well as booking for next summer already. On the other hand, I'm ready for a little break =)


All of that to say, I'm beyond blessed to have had such a great first year, but sometimes it's easy to look at other people and want to be where they are at in their business/life/relationships. I don't do this all the time, but with Facebook and Pinterest how can you not look at others?! So, I've been going through this and wrestling with the concept of being ok and thankful for where I'm at. Not only that, but enjoying the place I am at. And just working on ME. I stumbled across this photo on the web, and it just stuck out to me as a good reminder I should challenge myself to everyday. So maybe you have been struggling with the same thoughts, or maybe you used to, and you're on the other side of things now! Either way, I thought this might touch at least one other person and be a bit of a hump day encouragement for them - Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

jenna kutcher said...

oh emilee, you are simply fabulous and you bring up a resounding truth to owning your own business and career. it is so easy to compare yourself to others or to lust after a life that wasn't created for you to live, we often forget that we are looking at peoples "highlight reels" in the form of social media, yet we never witness their "outtakes" or "bloopers." i think we would be lying if we didn't yearn for what others have, but we can't let it get to the point where it stops driving us to be our own and sucks the joy out of what we do. i am so so proud of you, the business you have created and the humbleness you possess.. you are amazing. congrats on season one, cheers to a million more successes!

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thank you so much Jenna! Seriously needed that today =) You are a rockstar!

Jackie Thomson said...

How perfect this is for my life right now. Thanks lady for the reminder. =)

Becca Nath said...

Hey Emilee, Thanks so much for sharing this story. This was great inspiration that I'll take with me for when I finally get to the point where I'm looking back from the end of my own first year as a self-employed business owner!

yavuz said...

canlı sex hattı
salt likit
heets
arkadaşlık sitesi
https://cfimi.com/
WEB1J

Post a Comment