Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Staying Cool

With the end of Labor Day, children starting school, and the return of the ever fabulous Pumpkin Spice Latte, one would think that crisp air and busting out scarves and boots would be next... but no. In my little corner of sunny SoCal it's a blazing 100 degrees outside with no sign of fall anytime soon. So in an effort to stay positive in this annoying heat, I whipped up a fun and easy dessert for Mr. H and I the other night - strawberry cheesecake ice-cream in a lemon cup!


To add to the display I made little flags out of yellow polka dot washi tape for the spoons. Maybe it was a little much for just the 2 of us... but I figure it you can't beat the heat, you might as well embrace it! 
So, let's raise our ice cream and cheers to a long summer!
 
How do you stay cool is the heat?? I could definitely use some suggestions to keep me sane! In the meantime, maybe I'll get that pumpkin spice latte in hopes that it will bring on the Fall =)

3 comments:

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Yummy, Em! My Mom makes sorbet in lemon cups and coconut shells. Best most refreshing treat ever :) xoxo

Emilee Sutherland said...

Ooo love the coconut shell idea! Thanks Rhi!

Emily Carr said...

That is sooo cute. I'm going to serve that at my next party. Thanks for the idea. Since my husband and I have been trying to shed some lbs, I keep frozen blueberries and grapes. Super easy and refreshing:)

Post a Comment