Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Repurpose Anthro DIY Candle

I don't know about you, but I love Anthropologie. It's not a huge secret =) One of the many many things I love about their store is the amazing smell from all the beautiful candles they light for the shoppers enjoyment. My favorite scent of theirs is called Volcano. It's amazing. I call it the Anthropologie scent. So every once in awhile I treat myself to a Volcano candle (they are kinda pricey!) and I savor every moment =) The funny thing about these candles though, is the wick runs out before the wax does. So you are left with a beautiful blue glass container and an awkward amount of unusable wax. I knew there was something, just something cool I could do with these, so I went to my trusty pal and crafter extraordinaire for some candle advice.

 

So this is what we came up with! First, you heat up your over to 175 degrees and place the Anthro (or whatever you have lying around) candles in the over for the wax to fully melt. Took mine, only about 10 min. While the candles are in the oven, prep your teacups. I found mine for $1.99 at the Goodwill. Place your wick in the center. I got wick that already had a base from Michaels for about $4 and they came in a pack of 10. Then, with an oven mitt, take out your candle and pour into the teacup. And let it cool - that's it! I didn't even plan on it, but only about 1 inch of leftover wax filled 1 whole teacup perfectly =)

Now, I have these awesome blue glass vases that are just ready to be used for flowers or whatever my heart desires! What would you use them for?? I'm open to suggestions!

3 comments:

brittany radford said...

THANK YOU for this DIY tutorial, Emily! I have about 3 large volcano candles in my house that have tons of wax left, but no wick!
I asked anthro about this problem, and they said you can bring your candles back if they do this- but i like your idea better! :)

Cheers,

Brittany Radford

Emilee Sutherland said...

Oh I'm so glad you like it! I never would have thought about asking Anthro directly about the situation! Smart girl =)

johnm said...

canlı sex hattı
salt likit
heets
arkadaşlık sitesi
https://cfimi.com/
D82G

Post a Comment