Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY + Fall Fashion

I know that for some of us unfortunate peeps, it's still about 100 degrees out here in sunny SoCal. However, in the spirit of September and Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I thought it would be fun to do a fun fall inspired fashion DIY! Huge thanks to Haley Bolena for the photos of my latest creation =)
 

I found this fab fabric at Jo-Anns for a great price of $9.99/yard and if you hold out for one of their weekly coupons, you can probably get it for even less! I only used one yard and after draping over my shoulders I put a pin in the marks where I wanted to make holes for my arms. I've never made of of these before and I don't own a dress form (unfortunately) so what I did was drap over a hanger and then on top of that, I hung up one of my long vests so I could simply trace over those arm holes onto my fabric. Then, just snip snip - cut my holes and voila, I was done!

I seriously love this print, and I think it could be so cute with a black tank or a blank long sleeve once it gets cooler =)

2 comments:

Linz said...

Omg i want one! Toooo cute!

kellyhicks said...

Ahhh good idea! Love the look. I will have to try this!

Post a Comment