Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life & Biz Update


 Hi friends. Today, I'm writing from a tired, excited, overwhelmed place. I've been writing this blog for about 3 years now. It started out as an assignment for one of my Journalism classes in college and turned into a platform to share my favorite ideas, projects, as well as document my business from conception to where it is today. So, needless to say, it means a lot to me. I feel like my entire life has been documented on this blog. I spend a lot of time planning projects, executing them, working with other vendors to host giveaways and guest posts. Because I love it - not because my blog is my business. I don't make money off my blog. I get joy from doing it and reading your comments and hearing and learning from YOU as well!

With that being said, I'm in the process of moving my business into a beautiful studio (eeek!) shared with some fabulous wedding vendor ladies and I am on cloud 9. This is the space where I will be meeting with clients, holding consults, sharing table mockups, and possibly working on some DIY projects as well. With that said, I have my work cut out for me the next few months...  So, if you enjoy this blog and get some inspiration and/or encouragement from it, let me know! Sometimes when life gets busy, it's nice to know someone is reading and all the time is well spent.

I'm incredibly excited about this new business venture and with many new phases in life, I'm trying to just enjoy this whole process and not get overwhelmed. I think it's so easy for people to get in the mindset of "well, next month everything will be awesome" or "I just want to be here in my business" and always have your head in the future of the hopeful or looking forward state. I just want to BE PRESENT. So what does this have to do with the blog? Well, I'd love to document this whole phase for me and my business... but I also want to keep my readers in mind as well. Based on my Google tracking, some of the highest read posts are my DIY and the few fashion posts (which I will have more of!) and lately, the wedding recaps and photos of my new inventory don't get much traffic. So I don't want to bore you people =)

I will be trying my best to be present in this crazy exciting process, and if you want to hear about the journey, leave me a comment and let me know! And if you've been in a similar situation, I'd love to hear how you have stayed present in the moment! 

10 comments:

Anni said...

I actually love to read about business stuff (but maybe that's because I'm still in the newer stages of mine, as well?) - I have to say, with most of the blogs I read, I'm drawn in by the flashier posts, like DIY or outfits, but only stay when the writers' voice and life resonate with me. I'd love to read about your experiences!

Katie said...

I'm with Anni...I do love your DIY stuff & your fashion posts (I actually just bought a Donna Morgan bridesmaid dress the other day for my sister's wedding after I read your post about her new line!) but I also love reading about the trips with your hubby (and maybe because I'm in the industry...) but the businessy stuff too! I want it all!! (Not to be selfish....) But also, make sure to take time for yourself, and not allow any one part of your life, including the blog, become a chore, as I think it will show! If that means scaling back & doing fewer posts, but at the same quality they are now - I'd rather see that then the alternative. That's just my 2 cents!

Candace said...

You're doing a fantastic job, Em! Congrats on this new chapter in your business...can't wait to hear/read more about it! =)

Unknown said...

That's so exciting!! I would love to hear more about your business ventures :)

Judy - Enchanted Garden said...

So excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I've stumbled upon your blog and love reading it! I also love the wedding posts! haha, I know I'm only one follower but I wouldn't want you to get rid of wedding posts completely :) your styling work and happy style of blogging is really fun to read once in a while. Congrats on your studio.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy following your blog (ever since that assignment in journalism class, lol) and am excited for you and your new venture! Can't wait to hear all about it in the posts to come.

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thank you SO much for such kind and encouraging words!! You guys are seriously so awesome and inspire me so much =) Thank you again, and stay tuned for some awesome posts!

Joe+Kathrina said...

Thanks for this post...been having a hard time and really needed to read this. SO happy for you and your business and the studio. Hope to be able to check it out :) Please keep blogging, we've been feeling the same as well, but know that there are people who love following along. xoxo -k

Milisa Lin Smith said...

I can't wait to see the new digs and hear about your exciting new adventure in a studio!!!!
Please post pictures of the new place when you have them!
And I love reading ALL your posts - business, DIY, weddings, inspiration, fashion...keep it coming!

Post a Comment