Friday, August 3, 2012

Honest Wedding Tips

I recently had the opportunity to be interviewed & photographed by the lovely, Robyn Preston Photography! She wanted real advice from local wedding vendors for brides. It was so fun hanging out with her and even Olive got to come =)

Here are a few fabulous photos by Robyn and some of my top tips - to read all of my tips and to learn more about how I started my biz, you can check out the full article HERE!

Hire a coordinator.  Without one  you forget stuff and then on the day of the wedding details get left behind.  Friends and family don’t get to enjoy your wedding  when they are running around doing things for the wedding and that really pains me.  If I had a coordinator I could’ve had a day that I was pampered with my mom and friends and really enjoyed the day instead of running around trying to do all this DIY stuff.

Involve the groom.  Guys want to help but they are not given the opportunity.  They are not scouring the blogs all the time like the brides are so they have new and fresh ideas.  They are more raw and honest with their opinions.  And they might come up with a more original idea that better represents the couple.

Always have a consultation with the photographer. If they don’t 
take the initiative to meet this is a red flag!

Meet with your DJ and ask them to see a video of them at a wedding.  See how they set the tone and find out if they are a mic whore or if their style is too out there for you.

1 comments:

Tori Baldridge said...

You look gorgeous!!

Post a Comment