Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tasteful Bobby Pins

We're constantly buying them, always using them, you'll usually find a few at the bottom of your purse. What are they? Bobby Pins!

I thought it would be fun to add some flavor to some of my bobby pins with some extra charm buttons that have just been beckoning to me at the bottom of my sewing kit. The fabulous Lizzie of S'Wonderful Photography was kind enough to snap some shots of me making these for you - thank you Lizzie!

{SUPPLIES}
Bobby Pins
Hot Glue
Thin Metal Twine
Charm Buttons/Beads/Pearls

 
So basically you can do this DIY with any of the above beads, like pearls or buttons. I just used what I had lying around - but pearls would be awesome for a wedding look!

 {STEPS}
Cut about 5 inches of the wire - should be more than enough to secure your bead. Next place your bead onto your bobby pin by putting it through one side of the pin, and secure with a dab of glue.

Next, wrap the wire through the end of the pin, and around the button over and over again until you only have about an inches left and you can wrap up the end into intself.

 And there you have it! Super easy, right?! I just love how they turned out and 
I can't wait to wear them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment