Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Minimalist Makeup

I'd like to introduce you to my dear friend and Makeup Artist, Molly Reynolds. I'm like the least likely person to have a clue about makeup, so for my wedding day, I had to go with someone I trusted. Since today is the 24th, and my 7 month wedding anniversary =) I thought, how appropriate it would be to reminisce on my favorite day! Molly is going to explain what techniques she used on me, and what specific projects she used so you can replicate the look!
-----

When we met to discuss wedding makeup we agreed that the look would be fresh which was perfect for Emilee, no red lips or false eyleashes for this girl. I cannot put chapstick on her without freaking out, love you girl! The main focus was to create flawless looking skin. First I used a face primer to lay out a smooth base for the foundation which will also help the foundation last throughout the day and on into the evening. The foundation I used was MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation, this is a long-wearing foundation which creates a soft-focus effect, perfect for any type of light, especially in photos.You want to start from the center of the face and work your way out and I like to use the Sephora Collection Pro Stippling Brush #44, it really works the foundation into the skin and creates an airbrushed look.


One of my favorite products is the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch and I use this to highlight and contour the face and by this I mean bringing out certain features of the facial structure. Then we dusted a NARS bronzer under the chin, along the cheek bones, and sides of the nose to add more definition. And to finish the look I set the foundation with a finishing powder from MAKE UP FOR EVER, it sets the foundation and slightly mattifies the skin without changing the natural contours. Fresh and flawless skin is not only perfect for your wedding day but also amazing for your honeymoon.

You want your makeup to reflect your personality, keep it fresh, its your wedding day and we want to see your natural beauty, just enhanced : )

1 comments:

Susannah VanDyke {Lukas VanDyke Photography} said...

You rock, Molly!

Post a Comment