Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kitchen Label DIY

We recently got these cute jars for our kitchen for our sugar and flour to put on our counter. Now, I don't plan on getting either of these confused for each other, but I felt like the jars were missing something. I searched around for cute little labels or something to wrap around them. Hence the concept for this DIY!
Since I always have tons of extra fabric around, I decided to make my own "fabric tape" if you will. I cut 2 strips of a muslin fabric a little wider than my standard double sided tape I just had lying around the house.
>> Then I placed the tape on top of the fabric in the desired length I needed. Then I trimmed up a few places & placed them on the jar. Then I wrote the labels in a fine tip sharpie. Simple as that. In retrospect, I should probably have written the labels before placing the fabric on the tape. But there you have it! The possibilities are endless... I'm even thinking about doing something like this for Tasteful packaging =)

4 comments:

Rachel - De Ma Cuisine said...

Brilliant idea! I can't wait to try this!

Sarah said...

Love this idea!

I usually paint the tops of my reusable containers with chalkboard paint, but there are some that need to be labeled on the side, this is the perfect solution!

jessica // union shore said...

i love this idea!! so cute!

Unknown said...

Nice Idea for kitchen renovations

Post a Comment