Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July Playlist

I haven't done a Playlist post in a long time! So sorry about that. I try to do one of these once a month or so. This post should really be my playlist for June but better late than never ha. I thought I would share with you guys our wedding songs for this months playlist. Music plays such a huge role in both mine and Mr. H's lives and it's definitely something we're both passionate about. I think one of this first gifts I ever gave him was a mixed CD haha! All of these songs were specifically chosen and mean so much to us and just represent us and who we are as a couple. Anyways, happy hump day and I hope you enjoy our wedding songs =)

Bridal Party Processional: Sweet Child of Mine (Guns n' Roses) by: Vitamin String Quartet

Bridal Entrance: I Want You To Be My Love by: Over The Rhine

First Dance: Sweet and Low (Acoustic) by: Augustana

Father Daughter/Mother Son Dance: You Are the Best Thing by: Ray Lomontagne

Last Dance: Blue Eyes by: Carey Brothers

For all you ladies planning your weddings, I would highly recommend songs that MEAN something to you and your man. It definitely makes the whole day/experience that much more meaningful. I was so torn about our first dance song because I was worried what people would think. It's definitely not your traditional super sappy love song. But in the end I went with my gut and I am SO happy I did. It was probably my favorite moment of our whole day =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you used "unusual" songs in your wedding! In our wedding, the bridal party walked in to the Godfather theme song ;-), I walked down the aisle to Norah Jones' "Come Away with Me", and our recessional was "Yellow" by Coldplay! We also hand-picked every single song that played during the reception...everything from Metallica to Jack Johnson to the White Stripes to Nickel Creek. It was all kinds of awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and we were introduced to the reception to Sugar Ray's "Fly"!

Emilee Sutherland said...

I LOVE it! I forgot to add, we were introduced to ACDC's Shook Me All Night Long haha

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Bold choice...love it!

Post a Comment