Monday, June 6, 2011

Anthro Inspired DIY

So I stumbled across this DIY last week and just about died. I want to do this soooo bad! But w/ the wedding just under 3 weeks away, I know realistically that is just not going to happen anytime too soon. So I thought instead, I could share it's fabulousness with all of you so maybe some who, oh I dunno, isn't getting married, can tackle it =)
Ok, we've all drooled over this shower curtain at least a couple times on our last visit to Anthro, correct?
But, if you're anything like me you saw the price tag of about $120 - you probably dried your tears and walked away. Well, thanks to the amazingly talented Leanne of Elle Apparel she didn't stop at the tears. She went home and made her own! I've posted a couple photos to give you a taste of how amazing hers turned out, but be sure to head over to her blog to see the full tutorial HERE. It takes awhile - but the result is oh, so worth it =)




Amazing, right?! I'd love to hear any tips of if you successfully made your own ruffle shower curtain!

P.S. So, say you love the ruffles, but you're like me and just don't have the time... try looking HERE or HERE for an inexpensive curtain to purchase!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm in love :) If only I knew how to sew, ha!

jessica // union shore said...

LOVE this, but i can't sew either! :-/

Emilee Sutherland said...

haha - check out the last couple links where you can get super cute ones for under $50!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

oh wow, this is awesome!!! we used that curtain for a recent inspiration shoot and it was so pretty!

LuLu said...

AMAZING! I want! But holy moly I wish I knew how to sew and had the time these days!

A Candid Life

Emilee Sutherland said...

Jacin - I LOVE your blog and so honored you stopped by! I went and found the shoot you did and it looks AMAZING!!!!

Lulu - I know, isn't it awesome! I don't have time either, but check out the ones that you can buy for under $50 =)

Post a Comment