Friday, April 22, 2011

Freebie Friday :: Library Kit

 This post is actually part Freebie // part DIY - but of course, I wouldn't have it any other way =) I stumbled across this on Twig and Thistle earlier in the week and just about died. It's about a year old, but I figured if it was way new to me, maybe someone out there in the blogosphere would appreciate it as much as I did. I love books. Like love love. So much so that I planned my entire wedding around them haha (more on that later!) So how cool would it be to create your own Library per se with your own book collection!? I'm always lending books that I like out and borrowing books from friends so this will be perfect in my new place w/ my new bookshelf =)

Materials
Clear Box or Wooden Recipe Box
Colored Cardstock
Color Printer
Craft Knife
Ruler
Bone Folder
Stapler
Mini Pencil


Instructions
Download
Part I of the Personal Library Kit. PDF contains the Checkout Cards, Pockets and Band to wrap around the box. Follow directions within the template on how to cut and construct. The file contains only brown ink so you could really print this onto any color paper that you like. Would look great in black and white too!

Download Part II of the Personal Library Kit. PDF contains the Book Journal, Bookmark and Dividers. Follow directions within the template on how to cut and construct.
Once you have all the pieces constructed, place inside box with coordinating mini pencil and wrap with the band. I purchased the clear box from the Container Store (not available online) but you can also purchase it online through Amazon. Adorn box with bookmark and voilá, you’ve got a sweet little book-lovers gift! Hope you enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Emilee this is super cute!

Post a Comment