Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Engaged!


So many of you have already seen the pics and heard the story... but in case you haven't :: last Sunday I got engaged to my best friend. Andy and I met when I was 10 years old. We were childhood friends and didn't date until half -way through college - and 3 + years later he popped the question! It has been quite an adventure and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. It is going to be so weird finally planning a wedding for ME haha :: so used to doing it for other fabulous ladies.

 > So here is the story: Andy and I decided earlier in the week to head out to Ventura to sell some clothes at the Buffalo Exchange. Something we do all the time, so not really out of the ordinary. While there he kept having to go the the restroom and saying his stomach didn't feel well. I thought that was kinda weird (guess it was nerves!)

So I got this new phone (Sprint Evo :: it's awesome) so I'm not paying attention to the road at all, next thing I know we're driving into Emma Wood camping ground. A place I hadn't been back to since I was a senior in high school at a church camping trip. It was that camp that Andy and I really became close friends so I was thinking - oh how cool that we stumbled across this place!

So we're walking around, reminiscing on all the funny/embarrassing things that happened on the trip and of course I don't suspect a thing. We see these kite surfing guys with those cool para sail type kites in the air so we start walking towards the water. I immediately see this cute little set up on the rocks & my immediate reaction was, "oh my gosh - someone must be doing a photoshoot! how cute!" It took me awhile but I finally got it =) Andy got all these cool vintage books and glued the pages together & cute out squares where he put these Polaroid photos of himself holding these signs with nice little messages on them ::: awww.

So... the best part:: my old roommate and her photog hubby were hiding in the bushes capturing the WHOLE thing! They are amazing photographers :: should definitely check out their fabulous site Troy Grover Photographers


This is me shocked to hear that Aimee & Troy were there!
My handsome fiance
I said Yes!
 


>>> Let the planning begin!!

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Emilee!!!! Number 1, congrats!!!! I loved all the pictures especially the ones from afar of him proposing!! Number 2, the photographers really do a great job! Number 3, your now-fiance is very clever!

Congrats again!!

Margaret said...

Yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

em.....i dont think my smile could get any larger. my face is hurting!
haha, i am insanely excited for you! the pictures are incredible, i almost feel like i was there (& i really wish i wasn't half a world away)

Arlet said...

I've known Andy all his life. I'm his aunt after all. I've just met you, Emilee, and already love you. You two are perfect for one another and I wish you and your beloved (who??) a lifetime of happiness ;)
Arlet

MaeMae Paperie said...

yayyyy!! congrats, em!!

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thank you everyone!

corrie mae said...

Hi Emilee, i just saw your engagement photos featured over at ruffledblog.com, and i was wondering who designed your ring. it is absolutely stunning!

Emilee Sutherland said...

Hello! My fiance designed it with the jeweler he met through some of his friends. If you send me your info on my contact me page - I'll find out his info and send it to you, if you like =)

Erin Cuff said...

Congratulations Emilee! I just sent Andy a long sappy message telling him how proud I am. I saw the (breathtaking) pictures when they were first posted on facebook but didn't realize until I read this that he planned the whole thing at Emma state beach!! So many hilarious yet amazing memories there, that was really special I'm sure. Whenever I pass that exit I can't help but smile.

anyway your site/blog is SUPERB, don't be surprised if you get an order from me soon :)

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thanks Erin - you are seriously too sweet!

Laura said...

Congrats! This is one of the sweetest and most romantic proposals I've ever heard of - and the fact that he planned to get the whole thing captured on film is pretty amazing too. I just came across your blog via Hey Gorgeous and the engagement shoot was gorgeous too... Best of luck and much happiness to you two!

Liesl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have seen your adorable pictures from your super sweet engagement on a couple blogs now, and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed looking at them and reading your story! So happy for you, and what a lovely blog you have too!

Liesl :)

Emilee Sutherland said...

Laura + Liesl :: Thank you SO much for your kind words! I hope you continue reading my blog =)

Gertrude said...

Just started following your blog ... and I'm reading some of your previous ones!! Wow this post was simply breath-taking! Really lovely pictures and I would like to say a big CONGRATS! xx

Shannon LaBare said...

EM. I just re-read you commentary... Oh my gosh, that IS where we went to camp! Andy is so thoughtful! He was probably thinking at camp that he would propose to you then and there. :)

Post a Comment