Monday, July 23, 2012

Spice Up Those Hangers!

As I was doing laundry yesterday, I was struggling with hanging up certain flowy tops on those white plastic hangers we all have. Some just kept sliding off with their sheer fabric just slipping on the plastic. I have maybe 3 or 4 of those hangers that have the rubber on the corners to solve this problem, but my shirts were out-weighing my hangers. We've probably all been there, right?! Then, I remembered this gigantic piece of fabric I scored at a thrift store a month earlier that I hadn't touched. If I just wrap that around my hangers, my problem should be solved! This project literally took 10 min and it worked out perfectly! So if you have some scraps of fabric around, a hot glue gun and some hangers, this will be your quickest, most useful DIY yet!

{SUPPLIES}
fabric
glue gun
scissors
hanger (rounded plastic ones)
 All you do is cut strips (2 long strips worked for 1 hanger for me) wrap it around the plastic super tight and glue it down every so often. And that's it!!

2 comments:

lizzie said...

love love this!

Meghan Christine Photography said...

Wow, your situation sounds EXACTLY like mine. I run into this problem everytime I do laundry! Only a few rubber hangers and TONS of shirts! Thanks for this!

Post a Comment