Thursday, February 23, 2012

Leave Some Love in the Mail DIY

I love snail mail. Like, really love it. I love sending it, I love getting it. I'm always on the hunt for a fun new way or new present to send in the mail to a loved one. Everything these days is online, virtual shopping, virtual facetime, skype, email. It's not everyday you get a fun little surprise in the mail - it's usually ads and bills. Or at least, in my case. So at the beginning of the year, I thought it would be fun to send some love to all the vendors that have partnered with me, believed in me, and worked with me in 2011. Since we're all small business owners and as busy as ever - so when I discovered the most amazing Coconut Chai tea at Whole Foods, I knew I had to send it to people I love. And you can do it too!
Supplies:
Colored notecards & matching envelopes
Velum paper
twine
muslin bags - you can find them all over Etsy
stamps
tea
All you need to do is type up a little note to your loved one and print it out on the velum, you can attach it to the notecards anyway you'd like: I did with a hole punch and twine, but you can use washi tape or ribbon as well! I stamped the bags with little messages and placed the tea inside for a little treat. Simple as that! Now, let's all send some love packages to that special special.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Have you received my snail mail love yet??

Emilee Sutherland said...

No! I have not - but I cannot wait to get it. Love you friend!

Rachel - De Ma Cuisine said...

I love snail mail! I miss it. I get so tired of just bills in the mail. I've been trying to be better at sending mail this year. :) Love the idea!

Post a Comment