Thursday, January 26, 2012

5 Ways to Tap Into Your Creative Style

Here are some awesome tips from Debra of Purple Meadows Events!
---------------
What inspires you? How do you come up with bold, bountiful ideas for your celebration or wedding? Is it through music, color, art, blogs, travel? I love to travel especially to places that are rich in color, culture, food and adventure. It drives me to be creative and innovative. I learn from other cultures and it makes me not afraid to express myself because it’s my passion that makes me come alive. I enjoy spending time with local people because I get some of most creative inspiration from them, whether it’s learning to paint, taking a cooking or watching a tango show. So I challenge you to go beyond the magazines, and blogs. Dig deeper. Here are five small steps you can take to fuel your inner creative juices, begin with one or two challenges:


1. Attend a play, musical or play. Do something you’ve never done before.
2. Fill your walls with things that inspire you. Tape up photos of quotes you love, words, empower words, magazine photos. Keep it fresh.
3. Take your project to the park, walk around your neighbor and explore the boutiques and businesses around. Have a journal with with you and take notes.
4. Listen to a new genre of music, watch a foreign film or watch a documentary on a painter or designer.
5. Be Bold. Choose vibrant colors. Don’t be afraid to go bold and bright. One quote I love comes from one of my favorite designers, Kelly Weastler "When it comes to color, be confident, go with your heart and follow your emotions."
 

Be different. Be unique. Be Bold. I want to share with you our mood board created for a December photo shoot influenced by our crush on the destiantion Spain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boards!

Jackie said...

I definitely need help tapping into my creative side- thanks!

Purple Meadows Events & Designs said...

Thank you for your feedback, I hope the tips will help!

Post a Comment