Thursday, October 13, 2011

HWTM: Fall Recipes


Even though temperatures are supposed to reach 100 degrees today (bleh) I thought I would share my new fall favorite recipe - Pumpkin Pancakes. I had one of my interns over last night for a presentation and I made these... (ahem, Mr. H did most of the work) but they turned out perfectly! Prior to last night, I've only had them at restaurants and some I've found are just too pumpkiny... but these had just the right amount of pumpkin to make you think fall... but not make you feel like you just took a bite of pumpkin pie. Thanks to The Happy Housewife for such an awesome recipe! Try making breakfast for dinner the next time you have some friends over!

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons applesauce
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking power, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
  2. Add buttermilk, egg, pumpkin and applesauce.
  3. Mix until batter is moistened, but still lumpy.
  4. Cook on a buttered griddle on medium heat.

3 comments:

Liesl said...

I'm not a big pancake fan, but I have to say the pumpkin ones always pull me in...these look divine! Thanks for sharing...I love fall!

Liesl ;)

Anonymous said...

so delicious!(:

jessica // union shore said...

oh my! i have to make these soon!!

Post a Comment