Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding Initial DIY

Today marks exactly 1 month until I marry the man of my dreams and my best friend, Mr. H! I am getting super excited and having a blast making a ton of little details for our big day. In light of the fact that I always refer to my hubby-to be as "Mr. H" here on the blog, I thought it would be fun to show you all a little DIY I did using the H initial. We're actually using our initials a lot throughout the whole wedding and I can't wait to show you photos!!!
 
So, sorry I don't have step by step photos... I wasn't really planning on doing a DIY while I was making this! But it is seriously  so simple - you guys are so great, you wont even need it =)

{S U P P L I E S }
yarn
wooden letter - any size will work
hot glue
fabric scraps, buttons, antique brooches, etc

{ S T E P S }
1. Take your wooden letter and dab a spot of glue at the bottom back corner, wherever that may be on your letter and wrap around. You can do it tightly like mine, or more lose - just do whatever look your going for! Every so often I would just put a little line of more glue to make sure it all holds in place. You can use different colors or one color. I used a ball of yarn that changed colors throughout so I wouldn't have to start and stop as much.
2. Adorn away! You can add fabric flowers, bows, you could even take those old earrings that you only have 1 of to spice up your letter.
3. That's it! We're placing ours at our dessert table (most likely) and then hopefully using as decor in our apt!

3 comments:

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Super cute, Em :) I cannot wait for your wedding!! Everything is going to be just perfect. xo

Emilee Sutherland said...

Thank you girl!!

Kelly Hicks said...

wow so pretty! I love how the stripes of yarn turned out! great idea :)

Post a Comment